Continuing health care
We work hand in hand with local Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), the client and other key stakeholders to ensure that the care you receive is safe, effective, responsive and caring.
Continuing Healthcare is the name given to a package of services which is arranged and funded by the NHS for people outside hospital with on-going health needs. If you’re eligible, you are likely to have a complex medical condition that requires a lot of care and support; you are also likely to need highly specialised nursing support or someone approaching the end of their life and their condition is rapidly getting worse and may be terminal. CHC can be given in any community setting, including your own home or in a care home as long as you meet the national criteria.
Because of the complex nature of our clients’ conditions, we will introduce our staff to the client well before they are due for discharge, so that they can become familiar with specific care requirements within the hospital setting and providing client-specific training.
- Effective response to the request for a CHC package
- Ongoing Assessment and review of care plan and full risk assessment
- Responsive office team allocated consultant
- Office available from daily 6.00am-10.00pm and 24 hours out of hours on call team
- Monthly reports
- Effective evaluation of all services
- Weekly time schedules for all clients
- Rapid response to changes in care
- Service will liaise with MDT as required